Problem Solving and Constraint Programming
Fall Semester 2011
Javier Larrosa (coordinator)
The final grades are
available as a post at "el racó"
About the Course
The course will have three parts:
- 1. Linear Programming (Enric Rodríguez; from 4/10 to
- 2. Boolean Satisfiability (Albert Oliveras; from 3/11 to
- 3. Constraint Programming (Javier Larrosa; from 29/11 to 12/1)
There will be a practical work (50% of final grade) and a final exam
(50% of final grade)
- Practical work.
- The practical work is due on January
- The description of the work is here.
Nov. 15th) Note: there was a typo in the
definition of the at-most-one constraints. The order predicate should
- The set of instances
An example script for executing a set of instances
with a time limit is available here.
- In Comet, you can abort an execution
after n seconds with "cp.timeLimit(int n)".
- Final Exam.
- The grades are here.
- The exam with solutions is here.
- We have decided to have the revision of the exam and the project
simultaneously on January 23rd,
from 12:00 to 13:00.
will take place in the
last lecture of the course, January 12th, starting at 8:30. You can
take to the exam personal notes, class hand-outs, books, etc. Access
to internet will NOT be permitted.
- You can find last year's exam here
Material for 1st Part: Linear Programming
(updated 27 Oct. 2011)
Material for 2nd Part: SAT Solving
Material for 3rd Part: Constraint Programming